Tuesday, November 29, 2011

EXPLORE @ Shea, November 29th

As was previously stated, today at EXPLORE Grace led a lesson/discussion on time management. All of the students knew what time management was when we asked for a definition and examples. We then split and talked about keeping a planner/ agenda with our schedule and assignments. Although the students seemed to understand the importance of keeping one and managing time efficiently and effectively, many of them did not write in theirs. When I asked one student if he had his on him so I could see it he said that it was somewhere buried in his locker. I got the vibe that the students did not seem motivated to keep one even though they knew it could benefit them. We then went into the computer lab and created our own schedules so the students could compare how much time they spend studying and doing hw compared to how much time they spend playing video games and watching t.v. The time there today went very well and the students seemed disappointed when we explained how a college schedule works and how we will not be returning next semester. I believe that thus far EXPLORE has impacted these students' lives and I hope that they keep attending next semester even though we have a break for a month in December and January.

No comments:

Post a Comment