Friday, November 11, 2011

Chad Brown Week 4

This week at Chad Brown we played basketball with the kids. The arts & crafts teacher did not come, so many of the kids played in the gym for the entire time or sat in the art room just fooling around. There were some older boys this week, not as many as last week but more than the first two. They kids were more boisterous and rowdy than usual. Two of the younger boys rapped a song for us they wrote themselves. The lyrics were actually really good. I asked the kids about where they eat most of the time. Many of them either skip breakfast or eat it at school. Almost everyone said they buy lunch at school (they qualify for free/reduced price lunch). For dinner, the answers varried greatly depending on parental work shedules and who was available. Next week it is closed on Thursday, and I have meetings every other night. Thanksgiving week I hope to go on Monday night so I do not miss another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment