Friday, November 4, 2011

Chad Brown Week 3

This week at Chad Brown there were a lot more kids because the other center was closed. There were a lot of older kids; they played basketball for the entire time. We went in there at the beginning, but their game was so intense and rough I decided to just do art with the younger kids. I was able to ask several different kids which schools they go to so I looked up the NECAP scores for those. This week's art project was cutting a shape out of cardboard, painting it, and decorating it. I made a hand turkey. Most of the kids who go to the center are boys. Some are really good at art, while others goof off and smeared the paint around. It is interesting to listen to the conversations they have. They were arguing about whose school is better, discussing girlfriends, and debating video games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment