The course is complemented by a service learning component in partnership with the EXPLORE (EXplore Possibilities through Local Opportunities and RElationship)program. Persons interested in urban education and specifically in inner city marginalized students are welcome to post their comments.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Chad Brown Week 5
The Tavares Center was closed last Thursday 11/17 and obviously we were not on campus this Thursday because of Thanksgiving. Instead, I went on Monday 11/21 for extra time to make up for the two weeks we missed. There were a lot more kids there than we usually have on Thursdays, including a lot of older teenagers I had never seen before. We played knowckout with the kids for the majority of the time. The arts & crafts teacher only comes on Thursdays. It was a little chaotic with that many kids. I was able to talk to several and ask about vacations, trips to museums, and things like that. I was happy to hear that some of them had taken a trip to the museum with Boys & Girls Club a couple weeks ago. However, there was limited space on this trip and overall the students did not visit many of these kinds of places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment