Thursday, October 20, 2011

Th 1st time at Chad Brown!

I was so excited to finally begin my service learning. We weren't really sure what to expect when we got there other than to keep an open mind. The teen program is basically a time for club members to come hang out, do arts and crafts, play games and just be kids. I got to play basketball for the first time in six years, and I can assure you I haven't gotten any better. The kids seemed to open up to us rather quickly for the most part. Some were more reserved but eased with time. The first night was more of a "get to know how the center operates" experience. Kayla and I planned to get a group activity of mat ball going next week. I had a really good experience at the center. The staff was helpful, welcoming and understanding and I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment