Friday, October 28, 2011

Chad Brown Week 2

This week at Chad Brown was really fun. When we arrived, we played knock-out with the kids. There were several older boys this week, but they did not stay very long. When we first got there there were no girls, and only one came later on. I did an art project with the kids when the teacher arrived; this week we made necklaces. This took up most of the rest of the time. We played a little basketball at the end. The boys were stacking mats and had a contest to see who could jump over the most mats. 

This week I was able to hear some evidence of the blended families many of the kids have. The art teacher was asking who they were making the necklace for, and if they had any sisters. She got a lot of responses about siblings who live in other houses, half-siblings, step-siblings, etcetera. It seemed that almost every student in the art room was part of a blended family. This was interesting to hear. So far, I am really enjoying my time at the Tavares Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment