Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Explore! week 2

The students were a little more rambunctious and talkative this week than last week. I think this was in part a good thing because they are becoming more comfortable with us, but we had to maintain a sense of authority in order to keep the program running smoothly. There were a couple new students this week and some from last week were out this week, so it will be interesting to see how big the group is once the program gets settled. I got a chance to look at the applications of the new students, and many of them had great career goals, such as dentistry. We had our first lesson based on the Explore! curriculum this week, since last week was just an introduction to the program. The topic was self awareness, so we did some activities about learning styles and a personality test. Before the activities, we asked the students what they thought self awareness was, and most were not sure or only had a very vague idea, which I thought was interesting. I hope that our lesson helped them to understand the importance of know oneself in being a better learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment