Yesterday was our third time meeting with the EXPLORE students at Shea. Rosie created the lesson building goals which I believe was a very good lesson because it connected with the students. Since we missed last week because of Columbus Day weekend yesterday was the first time we met the one new student. I found that yesterday was the first time I found my patience wearing thin with some of the students. The new student wasn't a problem but there were two other students who had come from day one who were not taking anything seriously. The two students both stated in the beginning that they have high goals after graduating high school. I do not know these two students' backgrounds so I don't know if they are here because they really want to gain something out of the program or if it is just something to do for an hour after school where you get free snacks. I think that next week when we go I am going to try to talk to these two students more and get to know them better. Even if they are just coming for something to do they can still gain something out of the progam I believe. Since I don't know their backgrounds I do not want to make any assumptions just because they were being chatty and rude this one time. Overall it was another positive experience and I think that Rosie's lesson was executed perfectly and I believe the students enjoyed it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment