Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shea Final Week

This week was our final week at Shea. Instead of planning a formal lesson, we had an informal celebration of the students' accomplishments this semester. We opened up discussion for any questions the students had about college, and it was encouraging to see that they had things to ask even when we were not talking about a specific topic. We also asked the students to write letters to themselves talking about why they want to go to college, which their guidance counselor will give back to them junior year when they are starting to look at colleges. I think this will be be encouraging and hopefully motivating for them as they continue on the path toward college. I am glad I was able to volunteer with Explore! this semester, and I hope the students benefited from their experience as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment