The course is complemented by a service learning component in partnership with the EXPLORE (EXplore Possibilities through Local Opportunities and RElationship)program. Persons interested in urban education and specifically in inner city marginalized students are welcome to post their comments.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Service Learning
I have not been able to go to my service learning placement yet (Chad Brown Boys & Girls Club). I did receive an email saying my paperwork was received and it just takes some time to sort through. I have been to a middle school in Central Falls for my practicum placement. The school I go to there is pretty nice. While the rest of the Central Falls district is rumored to be in shambles, the school I go to is old but very well kept. The students are well behaved, the teachers really care, and the school seems to be doing well. They do not have as many resources as a typical suburban school, but there are several computers (although old) in each classroom and several deskbooks for the classes to share. I will post when I have more information about my real site!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment